Skin Pigmentation Treatment in Ahmedabad
What is Hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is a patches of skin become darker in color than the normal surrounding skin. It happens from excess melanin production, substance in the body that is responsible for your skin color (pigment) and can be caused by everything from acne scars and sun damage to hormone fluctuations.
Hyperpigmentation is a common skin condition, and there are a number of different treatment options available today.
Skin pigmentation treatment
1. Topical creams: Many people use topical treatments to treat hyperpigmentation. Topical treatments will include ingredients that lighten the skin by gently exfoliating the top layer skin to remove dead skin cells
- (1) Retinoids, such as tretinoin
- (2) Corticosteroids
- (3) Hydroquinone
2. Cosmetic procedures: Some cosmetic procedures can also lighten areas of skin to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation
- (1) Chemical peels: A chemical peel is a treatment that utilizes an acid solution to remove the outer layers of the skin that are damaged. These treatments exfoliate the outer layer of dull skin away with helping to smooth and enhance the texture of skin as well.
- (2) Laser peel (skin resurfacing): A laser peel (resurfacing) treatment uses targeted beams of light to reduce hyperpigmentation. There are two types of lasers: ablative and non-ablative. Ablative lasers are the most intense, and they involve removing layers of your skin. Non-ablative procedures, on the other hand, target the dermis to promote collagen growth and tightening effects.
- (3) Intense pulse light therapy (IPL): IPL therapy is a type of non-ablative (fractional) laser treatment. Also known as a photofacial, IPL therapy stimulates collagen growth within the dermis. IPL is used for overall pigmentation issues
- (4) Dermabrasion: Dermabrasion also involves the removal of your epidermis, but its effects continue down to part of your dermis. While dermabrasion is sometimes used to smooth out wrinkles, acne scars and age spots.
Dr. Seema Jain a qualified dermato-cosmetologist for Skin Solutions. for more information on hyperpigmentation treatment, skin pigmentation treatment and other skin disorders. You will find the most advanced treatments and free advice for correcting acne, rosacea, aging skin, hair related problem and many other problems.