Dr. Rakesh Jain done MBBS from B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad and did his M.S. (Orthopedics) from B.J. Medical College and Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad with 1st Rank in BJMC and 2nd Rank in University. His research topic Trans-thoracic Curettage and Rib-graft in dorsal tuberculosis of spine : long-term outcome. He is regularly attending all national conferences, workshops, training modules and CME.
- M.S. (Orthopedics) with 1st Rank in college/2nd Rank in University from B.J.Medical College & Civil Hospital Ahmedabad, Gujarat in Year 1997
- M.B.B.S. from B.J.Medical College, Ahmedabad in year 1993
Professional Experience of 20 years
- Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon associated with Bodycare Orthopedic Hospital and leading corporate hospitals of Ahmedabad from year 2000 onwards till present.
- Chief Orthopedic Surgeon at a 50 bedded (exclusively Orthopedic) C.U.Shah Hospital, Surendranagar from year 1998 to 2000
- Assistant Professor in Orthopaedics at M.P.Shah Medical College and Irwin Hospital Jamnagar from year 1997 to 1998
- Residency in Department of Orthopedics, Civil Hospital Ahmedabad under eminent professor and Head of the Department Dr. M.M.Prabhakar from year 1994 to 1997
- Experience of more than 2000 major surgeries including complicated Trauma, Industrial & Road accidents, Congenital deformities, Spinal trauma, Spine Surgeries of Degenerative disorders, deformities, diseases and Arthroplasty and also Arthroscopy.
- Expertise in High velocity complex trauma cases, complicated non unions, malunions, revision surgeries, minimal invasive surgeries.
- Constantly updating skills by attending regularly national conferences and CME/Workshops with knowledge of latest technology implants and minimal invasive surgeries.
Work & Academic Experience
1994 – 1997 as Resident Doctor in Department of Orthopedics (Civil Hospital Ahmedabad) under guidance of eminent professor and Head of Department Dr. M.M.Prabhakar
- Assisted and performed independently surgeries of complex complicated fracture cases including road and industrial accidents, congenital deformities, spine trauma and disorders, Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy.
- Research topic for dissertation : Trans- Thoracic Curettage and Rib-graft in tuberculosis of dorsal spine : long term outcome.
1997 – 1998 as Assistant Professor in Orthopedics at M.P.Shah Medical College and Irwin Hospital Jamnagar
- Responsible for teaching and training junior residents in Orthopedic Surgery
- Independantly performed complicated fracture surgeries & Arthroplasty
1998 – 2000 as Chief Orthopedic Surgeon at 50 bedded (exclusively Orthopedic) Hospital, Surendranagar.
- Responsible for modernizing Hospital technologically and initiating Spine surgeries & Arthroplasty in the Hospital.
Yr 2000 onwards as Director, Bodycare Hospital, Ahmedabad and visiting consultant at leading corporate City Hospitals.
- Managing complicated and complex fractures, Road and Industrial accidents, surgeries of Spine trauma and disorders, Arthroplasty & Arthroscopy, congenital deformities, minimal invasive surgeries with latest technology implants.
- Managing activities related to Administration and functioning of the Hospital
Conferences and CMEs
- Attended Yearly IOACONS.
- AO Basic Course
- Yearly Traumacon since 2009
- ISHKS conference in 2010
- Indian Arthroscopic conference in 2009
- Ist AO conference India – 2011
- Stryker Hip Cadaeveric Workshop at AIIMS, New Delhi in 2010
- Zimmer Trauma Cadaeveric Workshop at V.S.Hospital, Ahmedabad in 2011
- Sicot International conference 2013 at Hyderabad, India.
- Attending Yearly Traumacon and Wiroc Conferences at Mumbai.
- Attending Regularly World Renowned Ganga Courses in TRAUMA and Arthroplasty.
- Attending Yearly American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Conclave.